Kiwanis International is a "family" of organizations that focuses on teaching young children about the responsibilities of good citizenship, community service and building future leaders.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Sheboygan sponsors three youth clubs:
- A "Builders Club" at Horace Mann Middle School (SASD)
- A "Key Club" at Sheboygan North High School (SASD)
- A "Key Club" at Kohler High School (KSD)
Our sponsored youth groups independently initiate service projects and community service activities throughout the school year. Our club works through an adviser in each youth organization to coordinate our participation with their activities or to have them work with us on major service programs and fund raisers.
We are so proud of our youth groups and their accomplishments which make our community a much better place to live. The activities listed below are a small portion of the many projects they are involved in:
- Raised money for the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation.
- Assisted with entertainment for (e.g. Bingo), and had interaction with, residents of Sunny Ridge Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Assisted with November set-up of the main service project of our Kiwanis Club, the Clothing Exchange.
To find out more about the activities of our youth groups, contact the current club liaison as listed below:
|YOUTH PROGRAM||CLUB LIAISON|
|Builders Club at Horace Mann||Ellen Danielsen|
|Key Club at Sheb. North High School||Dave Crow|
|Key Club at Kohler High School||Rich Miesfeld|